The American Church in Paris (ACP) welcomes you to worship each Sunday. The 11h service is a traditional service with special music from one of our guest soloists or various choirs; the 14h service is a contemporary service.
Our congregation is an interdenominational and international Christian community whose mission is to bear witness by word and deed to the love of God as revealed in Jesus Christ, to provide a place of English language worship in the American Protestant tradition, and to engage in ministries and services that enrich the lives of residents and visitors in Paris.
The ACP is the first American church established outside of the United States. Begun in 1814, its official charter and first sanctuary were established in 1857. We have been located on the quai d’Orsay since 1931.
The American Church today is an important part of life in Paris for many people.
Providing spiritual guidance, education, and a strong sense of community and belonging, the ACP serves a diverse population:
- Thousands of people use the church facilities as a community center for various classes and meetings.
- More than 35 Christian denominations are represented in the Church.
- More than 40 nationalities are represented in the Church membership.
- The Church is home to two bilingual elementary schools, a variety of “twelve step” recovery groups, athletic and dance classes, Bible Study Fellowship, occasional lecture series, a free weekly concert series, and many more community-based services and events.
- We desire to grow as a learning and loving community.
We hope that you will visit us and that we may serve you during your time in Paris. May God’s grace, mercy and peace be with you!